The Casey Tibbs South Dakota Rodeo Center is a historical museum devoted to the legendary sport of South Dakota rodeo; the history and its stars. Located on the beautiful Missouri River, this classy two-story museum has an extensive collection of the memorabilia of 9-time World Champion Casey Tibbs and 1920s trick rider Mattie Goff Newcombe. This museum provides a historical view into the rich culture which has made rodeo such an important part of South Dakota history.
Historical Group Museum Tours Available!
Throughout the year we give personal tours to various groups of all ages which can include a historical presentation. We have reduced museum admission with no extra charge for the historical presentation.
We also do tours for students of all ages and we make education fun; students participate in a scavenger hunt information quiz.
Call Kalyn at 605-494-1094 for more information or to reserve your tour date!
What can you do at the museum? We're glad you asked!
- ·Saddle up on the Virtual Reality Bronc! See how long 8 seconds can really be!
- ·Throw on a cowboy hat, climb onto our saddle and take your photo in front of our 42-foot hand painted mural!
- ·View 4 large bronze statues - a fifth large bronze arrives on August 2019!
- ·Watch videos of 19 World Champs' famous rides and interviews
- Dress up in western or prairie costumes and get your photo taken in front of our 17' mural. We have clothes for all ages!
- ·See memorabilia of 9-Time World Champion Casey Tibbs, trick rider Mattie Goff Newcombe and many others! 100-year old saddle display
- ·Browse in our gift shop which features creations from local artisans. We have kids toys too including sheriff badges, stuffed animals and sound activated stick ponies.
Also at the center is the Mattie Goff Newcombe Conference Center, ideal for special events, meetings, reunions and receptions. A well-equipped catering kitchen, dance floor, bar, digital projection system, stereo sound system, wifi as well as a spectacular view of the Missouri River making it the premier event location in the Fort Pierre-Pierre area.